Saturday, April 21, 2012

Survival Podcasts

Lately I have been listening to survival podcasts and watching "doomsday preppers" on Nat Geo. I think I have always been a prepper as visible by my martial arts orientation. I am watching what the preppers are doing for their self defense. Most are very well prepared to defend themselves and their safe house. It depends on ones survival orientation but there could be times when you don't want to have a lethal response. A non lethal option is a possibility and I have two thoughts.

First, I think all preppers should know how to disarm weapons from aggressors. I have a DVD called simple weapons disarms that I would highly recommend. Another DVD that I would recommend is the Be Real series. Learning how to throw a knife might also be a very useful skill for a prepper but I digress.

Second, obviously a self defense weapon "defender" but other things could be pepper spray or even "wasp spray".  One thing nice about wasp spray is that it can be double duty; that is as wasp spray or a self defense tool. Even in the wind or rain, wasp spray does a good job and it doesn't cause permanent damage. Bear level pepper spray might also be the one to carry for a non lethal situation.

One good podcast I have been following is survival tech.  You can find it in iTunes so you can listen to their informative podcast. I have learned lots from this podcast and I'm sure you will also enjoy it.

Stay safe out there and never leave home without your defender!

Peter Brusso

No comments: