Saturday, September 03, 2011

The defenders continue to amaze people

The defenders continue to amaze people with their ease of use but more importantly how effective they are in stopping someone trying to hurt you.

Recently, about every day this last week, I have been demonstrating the tools for police, military and civilians. The most amazing thing was the hand gun disarm from a sheriff. I give him an air-soft gun and told to shoot me as soon as I move. I stood with my hands up then made my move, the gun dam near flew out his hands and into mine. He experienced such great pain that his mind just opened his hand! I'm not saying this to act like a big man or bragging but the techniques just plainly work and work very well.

What did I do? I simply controlled the muzzle of the weapon with a cupped hand, and moved the edge of the defender onto his thumb and pressed against the thumb bone and the handle. The handle is a "non compressible surface" and so is the edge of the defender. The thumb bone, on the other hand isn't. So, the pain felt in the thumb is massive and you just want to let go and get away from the pain. He can't turn the weapon back on you as you control where its pointing, all they can do is let go! It happens so fast your mind doesn't have time to get around what is happening. Kind of like when you are getting burned you just instinctively react, well, this is the same thing. Your mind goes into a survival mode and you drop the gun, which I then rotate out of the hand and presto.

Now, I'm not suggesting you run around and weapons disarms for fun but if you have to do one, it's good to know what to do. A self defense weapon is an excellent tool to perform such and save your life or the life of your loved ones. The self defense weapon is also a very good tool to counter home invasion attempts. Also, of course, a self defense weapon is one one personal defence item you have in your mix of self defense tools.

Lastly you should get some capability to do and understand the physical mechanics of weapons disarms. It is better to know how to disarm someone if you really need it rather then becoming a victim or a statistic. Home invasion doesn't usually end to well and you need any chance to fight your way back to safety.

Master Peter Brusso
PDWS.biz

No comments: